Made this sweet after a long long time...5 years. Had made this dish while working in Pune. Thanks to Savita for letting us know to make this dish then. But making this dish today turned out to be a chemistry/formulation project. The receipe had all the ingredients mentioned in gms and now had to convert them into cups, cup being a volumetric measurement( a kg pack of sugar is different then a kg pack of cereal)......ok how did we do it?? so the conversations were like..ok find out the density of sugar, also the density of corn flour....ok so density=mass/volume, if we know mass, we can calculate volume......so enjoyed little calculations...back with the memories of chemistry labs...
2 cups tomato puree
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn flour
1 cup water
1 pinch cardamom powder
2 - 5 tsp ghee (clarified butter)/ olive oil
Sliced almonds, raisins, cashews or any dry fruits for garnishing
Preparation time 30min
1. Take tomato puree in a bowl. (to make 2 cups of puree blend about 1 lb of tomatoes or 3 fist size tomatoes).
2. Add the corn flour into the puree, mix well and keep aside.
3. In another vessel add water and sugar and bring it to boil.
4. Add cardamom to the boiled sugar syrup.
5. Slowly add the puree mixture into the sugar syrup with continuous stirring for about 15 min or till the mixture is thickened
6. Add ghee ( vegans can use olive oil ) and dry fruits to the mixture and mix well.
7. Transfer the mixture into a greased pan and allow it to cool.
8. Cut into required shape.
This is my entry to FIL - Ghee Sweets hosted by Sanghi's Food Delight
Looks new and delicious! thanks for the entry!:)
Oh wow, this is one of the most unique things I've come across recently!
Why did you stop blogging since Jan?! You should continue, you've got lot of good stuff!! :)
Post a Comment