A new year treat for my blog and everyone out there . It has been such a long time, since my last post, back in January last year. Had been very busy with studies, internships and then basking in the sweet memories of my family visits. That meant there was lot of cooking and cherishing every morsel of what my mom cooked while she was visiting us. I’ve seen them almost after six years and I did not want to miss any moment that was spent with them, lot of travelling included.
A simple, quick and easy recipe that will be loved by one and all. The soft crust made with graham crackers and the chewy filling is a sweet treat to the eyes, taste buds and the heart. Let the new year bring lot of fun, joy, happiness and make all the dreams come true !!
1 cup graham crackers (powdered)
7 tsp butter
6 tsp oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 & 1/2 cup Nuts ( almonds, pecans, cashews)
1 cup (coarsely ground ) dark chocolate chips
4 tsp unsalted butter
4 tsp corn flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pre-heat oven at 350 F
1. For crust, combine all the ingredients in for the crust. Start by beating the butter and then add all the ingredients and mix for a minute. Take an 8 inch pie pan, and press the mixture evenly at the bottom and to the sides of the pan. Keep aside.
1. Melt the chocolate. ( microwaved for 2 and 1/2 minutes)
2. Melt the butter (microwaved for 1/2 minute). Transfer this melted butter to the chocolate bowl.
3. Add the coarsely ground nuts and sugar and mix. Add corn flour and mix again.
4. Slightly beat eggs and add to the mixture. This will help in softening the dry mixture. Add vanilla essence.
5. Pour this mixture into the pie pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 F.
6. After 20 minutes, turn off the oven. Let the pie sit in the oven for another 10 – 15 minutes. Then remove and let it cool.
7. Serve !!!
Preparation Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes