This is another simple, easy and quick dish belonging to my favourite tava fry category. The dish is also similar to Bhindi Di Pyaza, but since i use green chillies, I do not use any spices or masala, it is just the way of saying ..... the simpler the better.
2 cups,(~250gms, 9 oz) bhindi (okra), chopped
1/2 cup onions, chopped
3 green chillies,chopped
4 tsp oil
1/4 tsp tamarind pulp
pinch of turmeric
1/2 tsp garam masala (optional)
1. Wash the bhindi/okra and pat it dry with a kitchen paper/towel or leave them to dry. This is to reduce the stickiness/sliminess while cutting the okra, then chop.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add onions and green chilles and saute for 2 -3 minutes.
3. Add the chopped bhindi and saute.
4. Then add turmeric, salt, tamarind pulp and garam masala (I did not use though) if needed. .
4. Keep the heat at medium to high and saute for 10 minutes or until the okra is cooked.
Make sure the okra, cutting board, knife are all dry before you cut the okra.
Cooking on medium to high heat helps in removing the stickiness/sliminess..
I like the crunchiness of this dish, but if you want the vegetable to be soft, cover the pan and cook.
Preparation time: 15 mins