Turnip greens belong to the radish category. Growing up, we always had lot of greens on our everyday menu. Every evening we used to get fresh greens which would be been just harvested in the afternoons.They were a must in our daily food, the green leaves of the clauliflower were not spared either.Anyways, had these turnip greens in the refrigerator and have never ventured into other ways of making this vegetable. Its still the simple sauteing with the belief in the greens themselves.
1 bunch turnip greens
8 cloves garlic
3 green chillies, chopped
1/2 onions, chopped (optional)
3 tsp oil
pinch of turmeric
1. Clean the turnip green leaves and chop
2. In a pan, heat oil, add garlic, onions, green chillies and saute.
3 Add the chopped turnip greens.
4. Close the lid and let it cook.(around 7 minutes)
5. Add salt , turmeric, mix properly and saute till the liquid is evaporated.(Take off the covering lid)
6. Serve with chapati or as a side.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Serves; 1 - 2