Dhania Rassa (Tomato Coriander Curry)
I just love tomatoes in any form and this is one of the recipes that belong to my rassa recipe collections. Sometimes the food events helps bring back the memories when you think about the dish associated with the event. So this recipe belongs to my years while working in Pune. I used to stay as a paying guest with a family who were basically from Tamil Nadu. So if you find some recipes that seem to be from TN, then you know where the influence is from! I and my roommate used to pester aunty to make one of those rassas and she used to gladly cook and serve with steaming hot rice!, used to be so filling!
2 large tomatoes
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tsp chilli powder
1 pinch asafoetida
1 pinch turmeric
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
chopped cilantro/coriander leaves for garnish
1. Dry roast the coriander seeds for few minutes and grind them to a fine powder and keep aside.(I used coffee grinder)
2. Cut the tomatoes and blend them to make puree. Add water according to the required consistency.
3. Heat oil in a vessel. Add the chopped onions and fry until translucent. Add asafoetida and saute.
4. Add tomato puree, salt, turmeric,chilli powder and the coriander powder.
5. Bring to boil, add cilantro/coriander and let it simmer for 5 - 10 minutes. This helps in imparting the coriander flavor to the curry.
6. Serve it as a soup or as a curry with steaming hot rice!
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Serves: 1 -2
This recipe is my entry to
Think Spice-Think Coriander Seeds hosted by Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes and started by Sunita
No Croutons Required - The store cupboard round hosted by Jacqueline of Tinned Tomatoes and started by Lisa of Lisa's Kitchen
you have a nice blog.you can visit my blog and give ur comments.
Such a colourful soup SE..
Looks very healthy and Nice fresh flavour of coriander leaves...Nice one...
Like dhaniya flavour, looks good.
@ Kitchen queen, Priya, Sushma, Malar
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments!
Wow.. delicious SK..! First time here, you have a lovely space.. do check mine!
Nice and simple recipe...., And a lovely blog too..
Thanks for visiting my blog! It's been a long time since I've had tomato rassa. Yours looks so lovely with such rich vibrant color.
looks yummy....nice blog....& thanks for visiting my blog.
@Neha, Palidor , Spice...thanks for your lovely comments!
simple n easy.
You have a lovely collection of recipes.
Hey nice rassa...luks yummy...vl try sun...thnx fo visitng my blog...i vl add u in my list
Post a Comment