Radish greens sauted with garlic, chillies and tossed with pasta !
In tandem with my last post, of being modest in using spices I had made this quick and simple pasta salad ! "Pasta salad", should I call it? yes, because I am using pasta :-), remove pasta and you will have a simple sauted vegetable/bhaji. I had these five baby radishes of the daikon/white icicle variety which have long and bulky greens to it. These have lot of nutritional and medicinal value. I had in my earlier post, mentioned that we believed in the taste of greens themselves Mom always use to saute the greens in oil and garlic and sometimes onions and we loved having it as bhaji with bread/bhakri/chapati. So I prepared the radish greens just as a bhaji and added the cooked pasta to it ! "Pasta and no cheese", yes, for all of you who are cheese lovers, go ahead and cheese(ify) it !
1 cup pasta
Greens of 5 radishes (sorry, did not weigh !), cleaned & chopped
7 - 8 cloves of garlic, minced
4 green chillies, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
1. In a vessel with boiling water, add pasta along with some salt and oil and let it cook. Once cooked drain the water and rinse with cold water. Keep aside
2. In a pan, heat oil, add the minced garlic, green chillies and saute for a minute or two.
3. Add in the chopped radish greens and saute. Add salt and saute (add very less salt since the volume of greens will reduce drastically once cooked which takes about 2 - 4 minutes)
4. Add in the cooked pasta and saute so that all the greens with seasoning is combined with pasta.
5. Serve it as is or as a side !
Preparation Time: 10 -15 mins
Serves: 1 - 2
Add black pepper powder in place of green chillies for a different taste. Can also use different greens !
This is my entry to Weekend Herb Blogging hosted by Yasmeen of Health Nut.
Thank you Sandhya, Priya, Prasu for being newest followers on my blog !
And thank you Prasu & Palidor for passing on the awards to me, these will be special since these are my first awards after I started blogging !! I am also passing these awards to Sushma, Nakiya, SpiceBuds and also back to Palidor and Prasu.