1 bunch Spinach, chopped
2 –3 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp chili powder or according to taste
pinch of turmeric
salt to taste
1. Clean, rinse and chop the spinach leaves.
2. Heat oil in vessel or large pan. Add mustard seeds. As they splutter, add onions and sauté till translucent.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till cooked.
4. Add chopped spinach, turmeric, chili powder and salt. Add julienned ginger and stir for few minutes.
5. Remove from heat and serve with rice, roti or bread.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Serves: 2 – 3
Note: For a dry curry, let the water evaporate and oil separate from the sides before adding spinach.