Wishing Everyone A Very Happy Holi – A festival of Colors !!!
Potatoes and peas cooked with tomatoes and light spice, a very simple and one of the most famous combination of ingredients. This dish comes to the rescue when needed something quick, at least with the frozen peas. I normally use matar (dry peas) by soaking it overnight and then preparing the curry. This dish can be prepared with or without lot of spices and will still taste good. !
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1 1/2 cup peas, frozen
4 curry leaves
2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tomato, fine chopped
1/8 cumin powder
1/8 turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste, cilantro for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions, curry leaves and sauté until the onions turns translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté.
2. Add tomatoes, cumin powder, turmeric, garam masala, chili powder and cook until oil separates from the side.
3. Add the diced potatoes and cook until soft with little water or according to consistency required.
4. Add peas, salt and cook for few more minutes.
5. Garnish with cilantro & Serve with naan/bread or as a side with rice !
Preparation Time: 15 mins