Recipe: Rice and fenugreek sprouts rice !!
This is more of a Bhaat recipe rather than a pulav/pilaf. As I haven’t used lot of spices into it but rather a quick and simple one pot dish with rice and methi sprouts. Have been busy with some assignments for last couple of days, so you guys haven’t seen me blog hopping. Hopefully will be back to see whats cooking up at everyone’s kitchen. This goes to CWS-Fenugreek Seeds started by Priya and hosted here at DenufoodSo here’s a quickie if you have some sprouts -
1 cup rice
1 cup methi/fenugreek sprouts
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp goda/garam masala
1/8 tsp turmeric
1 large potato, peeled, cubed
1 tbsp of whole garam masala (optional)
salt to taste
1. Soak the rice in water for 10 mins, then drain.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom vessel, add chopped onions and sauté till translucent. Add sprouts and sauté for few minutes. Add cubed potatoes and saute for few minutes.
3. Then add coriander, cumin, chili and masala powder and stir. Add the rice and sauté for few minutes(this helps to coat the rice with oil)
4. Add water(1 3/4 – 2 cups), salt, turmeric and let it cook with the lid closed.
5. Once done, serve with raita and lemon on the side.
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Serves: 2 – 4
Note: Reduce the amount of sprouts if you do not like a little bittery taste
Add more spices for a flavorful pulav or biryani.