Greek Soup? yes or no…i don’t know ! But couple of search pages on the internet seemed like this would end up in my list of Greek Cuisine. The way it started was that I wanted to make the soup with orzo, since its been a while I’ve used it in cooking. Then I had couple of veggies which were good enough to be combined to dish up this soup.
I am a big fan of Mediterranean cuisine and love to see how close they resemble some of the Indian recipes, off course with all the less amount of spices. If I had added some lentils instead of orzo, sure this one would have turned into a great Indian dal with lemony peppery taste and vegetables !! Enjoyed this with a piece of bread on the side ! A heart and soul warming in these cold winters !! This goes to the Healthy Inspirations Event - Soups
1 cup Orzo, cooked, drained
1 cup Vegetables, chopped (used beans, carrots, bellpepper, green onions)
2 cups, Spinach, washed, chopped
1/2 cup Onions, chopped
1/2 – 1 tbsp Red Pepper flakes, according to taste
1 tbsp Olive oil
3 –4 big Garlic cloves, chopped
1 Lemon, juiced
Water/Stock as per consistency
salt to taste
pepper/lemon pepper salt for seasoning
1. In a vessel with boiling water, cook the orzo pasta with some oil and salt till al-dente. Drain and keep aside.(Do not run under water)
2. Heat oil in a deep vessel. Add the chopped garlic and sauté. Add the chopped onions and saute. Add red pepper flakes.
3. Add the chopped vegetables, chopped spinach and sauté for few minutes.
4. Add water/stock, cooked orzo, salt and bring to boil. Keep covered and let it simmer for 5 – 10 minutes
5. Stir in the lemon juice, pepper/lemon pepper and serve with bread on side !
Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes
Serves: 2 – 4
Dolly of Curry & Beyond has shared the Beautiful Blogger Award, Namitha & Sunitha of the Collaborative Curry have shared the Kreativ Blogger Award !! Thanks you so much girls for having to share these wonderful awards !!
I would like to share these awards with:
Deepa of Foodlyrics
Simply Food of Simply.Food
PJ of Ginger & Garlic
Silpa of Anita’s Kitched
Joumana of Taste of Beirut
Spice of Spicebuds
San of San’s Kitchen
Rules for accepting the Kreative Blogger award:
1) Thank the person giving the award
2) Copy the award to your blog
3) Place a link to their blog
4) Name 7 things people don't know about you
5) Nominate 7 bloggers
6) Place a link to those bloggers
7) Leave a comment letting those bloggers know about the award
And now to the list to
Name 7 things people don't know about you
1. Love to cook but cannot remain/stand in the kitchen for more than an hour(thats why most of recipes are quick ones !)
2. Love indoor palm trees
3. I had maintained all clothes and books from kindergarten to engineering(until some of them were thrown away by mom :-(
4. Love reading books
5. Enjoy blue oceans, dark green forests, tall mountains, night sky on a full moon behind the coconut palms
6. If watching a movie at home, it takes 4 days to watch the movie in 4 parts.
7. Enjoy driving across country side !