It’s been a while that this post has been pending in my drafts. The ghee roast is a specialty of the Mangalore district in Karnataka. My Dad’s colleague use to get this dish for us who hailed from the South Kanara region. But I had no idea of the name for this dish until I had seen it on a TV show. I've made changes to the recipe with little less spices and as the name suggests, ghee is used for tempering. If anyone likes chicken recipes, then one should try out this yummy and tasty dish. On how to make the chicken ghee roast, follow the recipe !
2 cups chicken pieces
2 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp tamarind concentrate/pulp
pinch of turmeric
salt to taste
grind to paste
5 –6 dry red chilies(preferably byadgi/kashmiri chilies)
5 big garlic cloves
2 in ginger
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1. Combine all the ingredients mentioned and grind them to a fine paste with enough water.
2. Heat ghee in a skillet and add the ground paste and saute for a minute.
3. Add chicken, salt, tamarind and little water and let it cook.
4. Let all the water evaporate and cook till the ghee separates from the sides.(the dish is of a dry/sukka consistency, so a roast)
5. Serve with bread/chapati/nan.
Preparation Time: 20 – 25 mins
Serves: 2 – 3
REPOST & AWARDS !!!
The following Sweet & Spicy Chicken Curry with Spring Onions goes to Priya's Cooking with Seeds- Sesame Seeds Event !
My fellow bloggers, Kanchan of Kitchen Gossip, Deepa of Foodlyrics and Siddhi of Cooked Dil Se have wonderful blogs and visit them for some interesting and yummy recipes. They have shared some wonderful awards with me and I appreciate it so much !!! Thank You girls ! The seven interesting things are shared here. I would like to pass on these awards to all my blogger friends !!