Rice cooked with cilantro and lemon !
If you happen to travel a lot, at which place/food joint do you find your closest comfort food? For me, I sure head out to the chipotle’s for a bowl of vegetarian burrito..love the rice and beans, the closest it can get to my comfort food. While working up in MA, I had to change train/bus on my way to MD, and so religiously I made sure to get a pack of the rice and beans from nearest chipotle.
So here’s what was for lunch, a zesty, lemony cilantro rice with beans. The recipe is just for the rice and one can combine this with different beans curry. For a moment you’ll not realize that its a Mexican recipe, its almost like an Indian meal !
1 full cup rice
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 small green chili, chopped
1/2 lemon juice & zest
1/2 cup cilantro
salt to taste
1. Soak the rice in a enough water for 5 – 7 minutes. Then drain the water.
2. Heat oil in a deep vessel, add the green chili, onions and sauté till translucent.
3. Add the rice and lemon zest and stir for few minutes. Add lemon juice and 2 1/2 cups of water.
4. Add salt and cilantro and let it cook.
5. When done, garnish with some more cilantro and lemon juice and give a stir. Serve with beans
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 - - 4