It has been a while I’ve posted on the blog and thought of posting this recipe. Having prepared this curry, I had to take the time to post it on the blog. As it is I don’t have that many seafood recipes posted on my blog and therefore a good one to start with. I’ve bought some good amount of salmon/tilapia from the market and so don’t be astonished to see couple of seafood recipes coming soon !!
It’s a mango season in India and couldn’t stop not having to use mangoes in cooking. This recipe using green/raw mangoes for the sour taste and one can use tamarind/kokum to impart the flavors. But if you need a nice go green color to the dish, it is better to use the raw mango. The other unique thing about the dish is not having to temper the curry as the coconut and fish oils are sufficient enough to not have any extra oil in the dish !
3 fillets tilapia (6 – 8 pieces)
salt to taste
1 cup fresh/frozen coconut
1/3 cup raw/green mango, peeled, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup onion,chopped
2 –3 green chilies or according to taste
2 –3 big garlic cloves
1/4 in of ginger piece
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 in cinnamon
1. Apply salt to tilapia pieces and leave it for few minutes. Rinse
2. Grind all the ingredients mentioned above into a fine paste.
3. Transfer the masala paste in a vessel. Add water according to consistency required (do not make watery though !)
4. Bring it to boil. Add tilapia fish pieces and salt.
5. Let it simmer for few minutes. Serve with rice.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Note: Use a coffee grinder to powder the spices if preferred