I don’t remember having white kidney beans but there are so many varieties of this seeds and this preparation is our regular recipe that could be used with any other types of beans or peas. I have separately used the ginger garlic paste here, although a fresh ginger-garlic used in grinding the spice mix will make the curry taste much better. Although I have used the goda masala, use garam masala incase you do not have one, though it could read the link to add few more ingredients to get the spice mix.
3 cups white kidney beans, soaked overnight & cooked
2 tbsp oil
strand of curry leaves
1/2 cup onions
1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tbsp goda masala/garam masala
1/8 tsp turmeric
salt to taste
Grind:1/2 cup fresh/frozen coconut
2 medium tomatoes
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup cooked beans (from above 3 cups)
1. Soak the bean overnight. Then cook them in a pressure cooker or in a vessel(will take time) until soft but not mushy.
2. To prepare the masala, grind all the ingredients mentioned. Use the same 1/2 cup beans from the above.
3. Heat oil in a deep vessel. Add chopped onions, curry leaves and saute.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and slightly saute.
5. Add the cooked beans along with its water, ground masala, goda masala/garam masala, chili powder, turmeric and salt. Let it simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and serve with rice or bhakri/chapati.
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 – 6
Hey Dear, this is so good..love this recipe..thanks for sharing..
what a tempting and awesome dish!
Never tried white kidney beans,sounds good
This dish sounds super yummy...
Love it SE. The tomato coconut masala is new for me. would love to try it out sometime.
I love that coconut tomato sauce! Total yum!
A lovely protein packed dish, yummy and delicious.
Such a beautiful dish, goes awesome with rotis, fabulous!
tempting and awesome dish!
I will even have this as a soup. Very healthy and yumm..
loved the recipe,and looks like a delicious one with rice..
looks so tasty..very flavorful with coconut gravy..
delicious white bean recipe... i cook rajma so many times, i wonder why i dont cook white bean that much.
Such a nutritious and delicious recipe... I love it :-)
yummy yum curry..perfect with roti...
nice recipe....I still have to try goda masala...
Nice recipe, very healthy one, got to try this sometime.
Post a Comment