Pasta with Tomato Ginger Sauce & Artichokes !
When I can’t decide what to cook, pasta is always there for help. Most often when prepared, I do like to give a little Indian touch to the dish, so that our taste buds do not complain ! But I must tell you’ll this had been one the most tastiest pasta. With tomato and ginger, nothing could just go wrong and to top with, I had added the artichokes, basil and parsley will still maintain the Italian flavors to the dish !!
Artichokes have medicinal value and is considered as an aid to digestion, strengthens the liver function, gall bladder function, and lowers HDL/LDL ratio by which it reduces cholesterol levels.
This goes to Weekend Herb Blogging # 225 being hosted by Yasmeen
125 gm/4 oz pasta noodles, cooked
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
4 –5 big garlic cloves, minced/pressed
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp basil (dried)
1/2 tsp parsley (dried)
1 full cup Artichokes, frozen (microwave for 2 mins in salt and water)
salt to taste
fresh parsley for garnish
2 –3 large tomatoes
1/2 in ginger
1. Add pasta to boiling water with some oil and salt, and cook till al dente. Run under cold water.
2. Blend together tomatoes and ginger to make a fine paste.
3. Also microwave the frozen artichokes some water with salt and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and sauté till you get the aroma of the fried garlic.
5. Add the artichokes, tomato ginger paste, chili powder, pepper powder, basil, parsley, salt and let it cook till oil separates.
6. Add in the cooked pasta and stir for few minutes.
7. Serve as is or with sautéd veggies or meat of choice.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 – 4